Life and times of a Constituency Organizer including the rizograph problems...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hello from Enfield!

I just read that Lewis Hamilton - the novice F1 Driver who has been wowing the world this year - is 22.

I'm 22.

So to sum up Lewis Hamilton - who IS 22 - is already a very wealthy F1 Driver and is on the cusp of history and being crowned the best and fastest driver in the world and I am fighting a losing battle with a paper folding machine and eating far too many kebabs...

Where did it all go wrong?

Well I suppose his first error was starting with the racing. School boy mistake. But you can't judge him too harshly, I mean the exciting and interesting world of the Constituency Organizer isn't for everyone, some people prefer to be rich, successful and not work over 12 hours a day for 16 days in a row without training... But I'm getting ahead of myself.

This first post is all about saying hello and and telling you that since leaving Brussels I am now working, living - and even playing - in exciting Enfield! It's also about explaining why Lewis Hamilton will be wondering what might of been this weekend when he's balancing his trophy on one knee with a Brazillian glamour model on the other...

In this blog you'll read all about the amazing things I get up to. To give you a sneak preview it will include deep political analysis of key issues like does the photocopier have a soul and if so does it hate me? Where is the logic in leafleting one side of a road and not the other? Why does the 121 bus always say its going to Enfield Lock outside my office and then spew me out in Enfield Highway instead EVERY OTHER BASTARD TIME!!! Oh and hilarious trivialities such as saving a community's Hospital, visiting new schools and reunifing Cyprus.

But anyway, back to Lewis. The thing is that although he may BE materially happy, wildly successful and no doubt sexually satisfied (have you seen those girls on the starting grid! They aren't hired for their Umbrella holding skills!!!) is he happy? My thought is no. You see to have achieved what he has means that he's obviously highly driven (no pun intended) and to be THAT driven probably means he'll never be happy with what he's got. In fact he'll never be happy.

Me on the other hand, well I'm just happy if I survive a day without shredding my hand in the bowels of the Rizograph like a Dickensian street-urchin and then getting home and passing out on my bed before midnight. Thats RIGHT! Easily pleased, urgo a happy individual!

Honest.

No really!

Oh just sod off then! I hope Alonso stuffs him!!! You happy now!?!?!?!?

5 comments:

mark simpson said...

I cam sympathise with your Transportation problems Mr Sinnott and share your frustrations...You should catch the train, because to be fair to the railways.......!

nice work keep it up.

mark simpson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

George

Jus read both posts...

You have a natural talent my friend

Keep it up ;)

Really good your going to have to write a book

Read it to Alan who doesnt read the last thing he read was playboy 2003

Alan says can you make an audiobook version or an audio podcast so he can listen as he nearly wet himself

Unknown said...

Amazin, Very Funny and Clever.

F**k the politics and write a book!

Enfield Kebab-King said...

Glad everyone finds it amusing, although whether the fact that my friends and family enjoy having a laugh at my struggles is a good thing or not I will be going over with my therapist this week...